1. I need a residence permit or visa to visit Heidelberg / Germany. Can I get an official invitation from Heidelberg Alumni International?
Yes. If you are a member of Heidelberg Alumni International (HAI), we would be happy to send you a personalized invitation via mail or email, which you could present to the proper authorities. Contact us directly at: email@example.com.
2. What is the Alumni Anniversary Days registration deadline?
The deadline for registration and funds transfer is June 10, 2011.
3. I would like to bring my family and/or friends. Can I bring more than one companion?
If you would like to register more than one companion for the Alumni Anniversary Days, please contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. My companion is not a member of Heidelberg Alumni International (HAI). Can I register non-members to participate in the Alumni Anniversary Days?
Yes. As a member of HAI, you may register one non-member companion. If you would like to register more than one non-member companion for the Alumni Anniversary Days, please contact us directly at: email@example.com.
5. What lodging is available during the Alumni Anniversary Days?
We anticipate more visitors than normal in Heidelberg throughout 2011, due to all the programs being offered in conjunction with the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität's 625th anniversary. Rooms will be especially hard to come by during the Anniversary Festival Week in June 2011. However, Heidelberg Alumni International has reserved blocks of rooms with numerous hotels in Heidelberg and the surrounding area especially for Heidelberg alumni. The list of participating hotels, price ranges and alternative lodging options is available on our website. We encourage you to make your reservations early.
Further details: http://www.alumni.uni-heidelberg.de/jubilaeum/2011/unterkunft.html.
6. I have registered for an Alumni Anniversary Days event, but I can no longer attend. What should I do?
Should your plans change, please let us know as soon as possible, so that we can respond appropriately. Contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. What does it cost to participate in the Alumni Anniversary Days?
Please note: registration fees cannot be refunded.
8. What does the registration fee cover?
The registration fee covers participation in all the main alumni events, including: the Opening Reception, the Official Opening Ceremony, Alumni Luncheon, Alumni Anniversary Meeting, the Literary Evening, the Riverboat Shuffle and the Alumni Farewell Event.
Please note: the registration fee does NOT include tickets to the Anniversary Ball. (Please see FAQ # 18 for more details on the Anniversary Ball.)
9. Where can I find a summary of the extensive alumni anniversary events program?
Information on all alumni events; programs offered by the schools, departments and institutes; as well as our ancillary alumni program is available on our website at: www.alumni.uni-heidelberg.de/jubilaeum/2011/programm.html. In addition, we will provide you with a detailed printed events program upon your arrival in Heidelberg.
10. Are there any special offerings for children and families?
We will offer a number of events especially designed for children and families. These events are flagged in the program.
11. Do I need to register separately for events offered in the optional, ancillary program?
Yes. We will send you the detailed optional, ancillary program with registration details by mail or email at the appropriate time.
12. How do I get around in Heidelberg? Are there any special deals available for public transportation?
There are several public transportation options available. You may purchase special "convention tickets" (aka "Kongresstickets") during business hours at the Heidelberg Alumni International office (Marstallstrasse 6) at the price of 4.00 Euros per person per day. Each convention ticket is valid for buses or streetcars in both the Heidelberg and Mannheim transportation zones. Tickets may be purchased for a single day or for multiple days. And, of course, regularly priced, individual or group public transportation tickets are available at ticket vending machines throughout the region.
13. Where can I get assistance in Heidelberg, if I have problems or questions during the Alumni Anniversary Days?
The entire Heidelberg Alumni International staff is available to provide assistance during the Alumni Anniversary Days.
14. I'm not able to register online. How can I register for the Alumni Anniversary Days?
The registration form can be downloaded from our website. You can print the form, fill it out and send it to us via all methods listed on the form - via regular mail, FAX or email.
15. What additional costs can I anticipate during my attendance at the Alumni Anniversary Days?
Transportation to and from Heidelberg, as well as lodging and meals during your stay are not included in the registration fee. All main alumni events are included in the registration fee. (Please see FAQ # 8 for details.)
16. Are my registration and participation binding?
Your registration for the Alumni Anniversary Days is binding. Your registration fees must be paid in full before the events begin. However, your participation at individual events is not required. Should your plans change and you find you are unable to attend a specific event for which you are registered, please let us know as soon as possible, so that we can respond appropriately. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at: email@example.com.
17. I am not a registered member of Heidelberg Alumni International. Can I participate in the Alumni Anniversary Days?
Membership in Heidelberg Alumni International is a prerequisite to register for the Alumni Anniversary Days. You can register for your free HAI membership, if you are an alumnus/a of Heidelberg University, here: https://alumniportal-heidelberg.de/public/newperson.aspx.
18. Can I purchase a ticket now for the Anniversary Ball, which will be held on July 2, 2011?
Not yet. Tickets for the Anniversary Ball are not yet for sale. However, HAI offers a non-binding ticket reservation service to alumni. Simply indicate on your Alumni Anniversary Days registration form how many ball tickets you would like. We will send you details at the appropriate time. There are three price ranges of tickets:
Each ticket price category includes the Ball Buffet. A fabulous program awaits you. Join us and be surprised!
19. Will I have access to University facilities during my stay? Which ones, and how do I go about gaining access?
Cafeterias: At the Alumni Office (Marstall-Straße 6) we sell you Alumni-Cafeteria-Vouchers. A voucher includes a meal and a drink, redeemable in all dining halls of the university (Triplex-Mensa at University-Square, Zeughaus-Mensa in Marstallhof, Zentralmensa in the Neuenheimer Feld and the Cafeteria in the Alte Pädagogische Hochschule (Kepler-Straße) and the cafeterias "Eat & Meet" in the Triplex-Mensa, "Café Botanic" in the Zentralmensa).
University Library: As alumni, you can use the reading rooms (Lesesäle) of the University Library and the local literature collections.
20. Can I use the University's Internet during my stay in Heidelberg?
Yes, with your private Notebook or Smartphone you can use the University's WLAN during the Alumni-Jubiläums-Tage. Upon your arrival you will receive the neccessary information at the alumni office.
Email us your questions at: